Co2 Laser Treatment
The EdgeOne CO2 laser is an ablative laser that works by removing the outer layers of the skin and heating the underlying layer to stimulate growth of collagen fibres.
This allows the new skin to regenerate, with a tighter and smoother appearance.
Most popularly used for treatment of acne scars, CO2 lasers are also used for intense skin rejuvenation to improve the appearance of uneven skin tone, fine lines & wrinkles.
How It’s Done
A local anaesthetic (numbing cream) will be applied 20-30 mins prior to the treatment. Minimal pain/discomfort is expected during the procedure.
Depending on the condition and areas of concern, the procedure may take 15-20 mins.
An antibiotic ointment will be applied after the procedure to protect the treated area from infection.
Conditions that can be treated with CO2 Laser
Frequently Asked Questions
- Use gentle cleansers 2 times a day to keep the areas clean
- Apply the antibiotic ointment given immediately after cleansing and drying
- Avoid use of skincare products containing active ingredients such as AHAs/BHAs, Vitamin C serums, etc. for at least a week
- Avoid sun exposure for at least a week as it may cause hyperpigmentation of the treated areas
- Moisturise the areas as needed to keep it hydrated
- Avoid picking, scratching or rubbing the treated areas
- Avoid applying makeup over the treated areas for at least a week
Depending on the condition and severity, number of treatments sessions required will vary for everyone.
For skin tags/lumps removal, typically only one session is required unless there is recurrence of the condition.
For viral warts, 2-4 sessions are usually required, especially for warts with deeper structures.
For medical aesthetics such as skin rejuvenation, acne scarring treatment, hyperpigmentation and melasma, 2 or more sessions may be required to see visible improvement. Maintenance sessions may also be required after the treatment to maintain its effect.